Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

A house or a home


For the past year I've been becoming more and more immersed (and blessed) by joining the blogging community. Admittedly many of the sites inspire me in my home-making skills - decorating, organizing, cleaning, cleaning, taking care of my kids and my darling husband...it's inspired me to continue to make our house a home.

Which led me to this line of discussion with God at prayer meeting last week...

Is my heart/ my life a house for His presence or a home?

19Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price (purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own). So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

or from The Message

Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.

Am I actively doing the things that make my body, my life and my heart a true home? Yes, He has residence within me, Is it truly a home to Him? Is He comfortable? Is it welcoming, sweet smelling, warm, inviting, easy to live in?

I wonder if this journey He has been taking me on this past year was not only intended to benefit my physical home in practical ways, but also my actual self the spiritual "home" that I am also responsible for? I think yes.

In all the ways that I'm learning to make my physical house a home, I can apply the same truths to His home in me... I can learn and do things to make it appealing to His senses, things to make it more useful or productive, more organized, easier to live in and fulfilling it's purpose. I can also make it a place where all of His family feel welcome...

I don't mean "do things" with my own hands though, I mean to yield to His hands, I mean, he walked the earth as carpenter... perhaps I can take a moment today to sit down with Him and get His thoughts on this home we are making together...

I think I will.


Thanks for hearing my heart today Yt


3 comments:

Estelle said...

Very nice thought, Tammara!

And...whoa! Your blog looks TOTALLY different! :)

Estelle said...

LOL! Apparently the page didn't load all the way...all I saw was the beige background and very hard-to-read type. LOL! I loaded to page again and now I see everything...I love the background image!

Tammara said...

Haha! Thanks Estelle! I wasn't sure about it, but it's definately growing on me :)

Search This Blog